I've learned many things throughout this project. Mainly, I focused on Class and Position. In my story, I am a slave, my mother is a peasant, and my master is a noble. I learned that slaves were not treated poorly and could be considered "noble". They could buy themselves property, land, and slaves for themselves.
Another thing I've learned is how to incorporate history into fiction. It's simple, really, you just put it in. It doesn't need to be obvious. In my story, my family was forced to go into slavery because we couldn't pay taxes. That is true for Aztecs. If you couldn't pay tribute, you'd have to go into slavery to pay off the tlatoani, or the king.
I believe our final product was awesome. Everything was nicely done, I loved my artifacts and my storytelling was okay.
I did my best when it came to the story. I thought hard about what I should write and practiced when I could. As for the artifacts, I could have put more effort. I recycled the dress and I hardly helped on making the cake with my mom.
I'd say this was one of the most fun projects this year. Despite the fact that I thought I did horrible, the storytelling was really fun. If I were to change something about this project, I'd want everyone to wear costumes to show they put lots of effort into the performance!

No comments:
Post a Comment