Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Medieval Europe Newspaper Project Reflection

This project was basically about creating a newspaper. We made articles using real information to make a fake story seem logical. We also looked at real newspapers to see how they were laid out and how to fold them.

I learned many things in this project as I was writing the articles. I learned how a boy becomes a knight, the sports they played, and the beasts used for battle.

The women still didn’t have much right back then; they weren’t allowed to become knights. Though the young boys who could have to go through three steps to prove himself. First, they start their training at seven, only using toys or wooden crafts; no real weapons or animals. At fifteen, they can become squire where they assist a knight. Once the knight thinks one is ready, a squire is knighted.

The sports they played were mainly tournaments. Tournaments were the local entertainment. The most popular tournament sport was the Joust and the Melee. The joust was where two knights would ride upon horses and hold long sharp lances and try to hit each other off of their steed. The Melee is where there are teams, each with colored flags on their backs. Each team tries to knock off the flags of other teams with blunt swords or clubs.

That is what I learned when I lived in that time era.

No comments:

Post a Comment